WIP Wednesday: I Wish I Were Dreaming

Knitting:
This is the shawl that never ends. it just goes on and on. I started knitting it one day not really knowing what it was and now I keep knitting it because …
At least I feel good about the progress, again. I don’t see how it feels that it’s going faster and yet slower at the same time. Worse, now I’m scared it won’t be big enough. :sigh:

Sewing:
I totally almost have a dress! I just need to add interfacing to the shoulders, and sew up the sides and the back … and add sleeves. But I’m totally nearly there! Don’t look at me like that, I’m really close!

Spinning:
Um … I petted the fiber? Yeah, I know, not actually making yarn that way.

Writing:
Um .. I was nudged to write more? And I may have a gig at work writing a bi-monthly informative blog type thing.Yay!

Reading:

Storm Front by Jim Butcher. See? I’m totally doing what I’m supposed to be doing! Reading for Space City Con has begun. We’ll just ignore that the con is in 3 weeks or so and I’m rather behind, mkay?

26 thoughts on “WIP Wednesday: I Wish I Were Dreaming

1. alikelylass says:

Haha your post made me laugh out loud thank you 🙂 I’m going to be singing that song all night now! The shawl is beautiful and well worth it in the end.

2. Natalie says:

Wow that shawl is amazing! I love the colours and the stitch pattern – gorgeous!
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds’ Loft

3. Lamb Chops! It’s been a long time since I heard that song! Gorgeous work none-the-less.

4. Heather says:

That shawl is gorgeous! What a pretty color!

5. Your shawl is looking fantastic! I can’t to see the dress finished.

6. Chrisknits says:

You’re supposed to make yarn with the fiber? But I thought it WAS just for petting and admiring. LOL Love the dress so far.

7. that shawl is soo going to be worth it when it’s finished. It’s looking great already

8. jazzoo6 says:

Your shawl is going to be fantastic!!

Here’s my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-96/

9. The shawl is beautiful. It WILL be big enough even if a blocking miracle is needed!

10. Mlissabeth says:

I was singing that song while reading your post…=)

11. Ravenna says:

It looks like you were already a crafty person before Dagorhir. Keep it up 🙂

• Yep, I try to stay busy with creative things. 🙂 It makes me happy.

• Ravenna says:

Have you ever come up for Ragnarok? It is a total blast. 🙂

• Nope. This was our first year that we knew about it. Honestly, I like Dagorhir but there’s not enough story behind it. When we go to practices and such it’s just line up and hit people.

That can be fun but I really want a bit of a storyline to follow for a long event. I do enjoy the whole living world we have with the other LARP we do.

• Ravenna says:

It really depends on the group. Some groups are mostly just about fighting, but some put together some great characters and even cultural background for their groups. It really can have as much or as little story as you want. Glad you enjoy 🙂

• Oh we have some great characters and backstories … but precious little in terms of actual story lines or any reason to go out and fight, other than we like to hit people.