These started out as a lot of fun. The squares were novel, and a great little quick thing to finish each one. It was a lot of fun to see how each square turned out a bit different. Ir dubbed them Wildflowers because the little spots of colors reminded me of flowers in a forest, flashes of color amidst green grass, brown trees, and a blue lake somewhere. Before long though I was past the novelty and ready to have my new socks finished.
I had originally planned to have random squares in the pattern, but that was a bit more difficult when doing them two at a time on a circular. So I skipped that and simply flew down the leg and foot.
The heel gave me a bit of trouble, I did the length it asked for in the pattern and it was way too short. I ripped back and doubled it and it looks like it could have been just a bit longer. I’m fairly amused that I started at different spots in the yarn on each sock and the colors in the squares still ended up pretty much exact in both socks. All in all though I’m happy with the socks, they fit and they look pretty awesome.