This was the very last thing I finished in 2012. I actually pulled it up from blocking on Jan 1st, 2013 and wrapped it up for the recipient to open a hour later.

This is written to be a lot longer, but when I finally recovered from the wool fumes I realized that there was no way I’d be able to make it the length suggested.

I sat for a few moments and thought. How could I make this work? Suddenly I realized I didn’t have to use the provisional cast on to graft the two ends together … I could use it to knit from! I decided to add a garter stitch border to each end and add in buttons.

Pattern: Thorny by Lisa Villarreal
Project Page: Ravelry
Modifications: Shortened, added end borders, buttons, and button holes.


6 thoughts on “Thorny

  1. Oh, I am so in love with those buttons! How gorgeous!


  2. I love how that knitted up and how it looks worn. I am a sucker for anything with buttons on it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s