WIP Wednesday: Chocolate Socks

Knitting:
With my Knitting for Other People queue currently empty I’m working on a pair of socks, all for me! I picked up the yarn nearly a year ago and knew that it had to be socks for me. It’s been patiently waiting in my stash for me. I grabbed it as soon as I cast off the last project I was working on.

Book:

Dune by Frank Herbert. I passed that magical point of the story were things start making sense and the new words he uses finally mean something to me. I’m getting drawn into the story more each time I sit down to read a bit. I’m very glad I stuck it out through the rough beginning.

12 thoughts on “WIP Wednesday: Chocolate Socks

1. Your sock looks great! There is nothing better than knitting for yourself:)

2. Sandy says:

Sock looks awesome, the pattern is showing up so nicely.

3. Pretty sock, pretty yarn. I'd try to keep that "Knitting for Others" queue empty for a while longer!

Thank you! πŸ˜€ I'm really loving the relaxation.

Thank you. πŸ˜€ I'm thrilled it's knitting up like I imagined.

It is tempting to keep it empty, but I do love the income and sharing the lovely knits with friends and family. πŸ˜€

7. Your sock is beautiful…you are a very good knitter!!!~~Renee

8. Babajeza says:

Great colour. I must keep it in mind as I want to change my blue pile into a colourful and interesting pile of socks. There is not a single brown pair in the box.

9. I love Dune! I am a knitter but not of socks-they are intimidating to me.http://bridgitsbell.blogspot.com

Aw! Thank you! πŸ˜€

My colors were blue, purple, and black. I suddenly realized I had no other colors in my stash … but I had started pulling other colors into my wardrobe. Of course the stash had to grow in such a way as well. At least that's my logic to get the husband to agree. πŸ˜‰

I generally practice fearless knitting. I figure I can't worry about more than the stitch that's on the tip of my needles so why bother? It means I'm much more likely to start something complicated than not. ;)So far Dune is very interesting. It grows on me more with each page.