Ganymede by Cherie Priest. I’m only a couple of chapters into this one but I’m already enjoying it. There’s been new characters added and a glimpse of some old ones that we didn’t get to see as much of in older books in the series. I’m sure it’s going to be a fun read, just like the others have been.
The first time I started this pattern I got to Row 3 of Chart B and then became convinced that I had a counting issue. This is standard since I numbers and I aren’t exactly best buds. So I ripped the row back and started over. That changed nothing. I ripped back to the last row of Chart A since I ‘knew’ that one was correct, nope. I counted and recounted my stitches … that didn’t give any insights. I even slid stitches over as I verbally worked through the pattern, no change.
Sighing in defeat I ripped it all out and started over since by then I’d convinced myself that I didn’t really like the density of the yarn and went up a needle size, plus my 4 has a smoother join than my 3. Two days later I was back to Chart B. Huh .. I hadn’t had a counting problem, it just looked different than I expected. Last night when I finally reached row 7 I did have a counting problem. (I should probably not knit as much when I’m tired.) Soon the end of the shawl looked like this:
And 40 long minutes later …..
After that though it went to time out while I took a break.