That’s a nice healthy number! The main characters are fitting into the Fey society and finding ways to be useful, even if there is a relationship snag. I’ve cut a lot too. It’s amazing how much I refused to use contractions when I wrote this, just so that I could hit that magic word count. I also cut a couple of scenes that were … not necessary to the story but a lot of fun to write. They might come back.
Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. I’m about halfway through and still enjoying. It’s really interesting to see her world building and how her characters interact. Because I’ve read the author’s journal for so long there are bits I’ll recognize scattered here and there which is always amusing, though wouldn’t cause anybody else confusion. I can’t wait to see how the movie plays out as I think it’s going to be really awesome.
Well … There was knitting sadness yesterday, which I posted about. I was really happy with my progress in terms of row count and looking forward to sharing those pictures today. But the more I thought about it … the less I liked what I held in my hands. It was wide, bulky, and a lot of stitches seemed wonky. I knew some of the wonkiness would be fixed in blocking and I considered felting the logo sections of the scarf a bit to lock the stitches in a little closer. But it was still just too wide at a little over 10.5 inches and wouldn’t have been something I was happy to mail out to a customer. So I went back to my design, poked at it a bit to make it smaller, went down a needle size, and ripped it all out.
That’s how much I managed to get done yesterday before going to a book signing. Well, a couple rows were done when I got home too. The stitches are still a bit wonky but blocking comes later so I’m not worried. It’s about 7.5 inches wide and I’m a lot happier with that. Plus the fewer stitch count should mean that I make up for the lost day a bit faster, provided I can follow the chart which apparently I was having major issues with last night.