A Shawl Complete

When agreeing to a giant project I was a little scared. I mean, what if my personal one was a fluke and this came out horribly? What if I wasn’t able to finish it in a reasonable amount of time? What if I did finish it and the customer hated it? My brain, it’s so terribly helpful with the panic moments.

I did it though.

I was stunned at just beautiful it came out. I’d been in love with the colors when I got them and more so with each one as I worked it into the pattern. It’s one thing to see the scrunched up lace on the needles … a whole different thing to spread it out and see the lace open up. I even went row by row to smooth out the yarn overs and keep the stitches on either side from opening too much. The colors in sunlight are beautiful and impressive.

Pattern: Chinook Shawl
Yarn: Knit Picks Shimmer
Project Page: Ravelry
Mods: None intended

9 thoughts on “A Shawl Complete

1. Wow- that really is fantastic. Congrats on such a great project! The colors work really, really well with the pattern and I'm sure that the recipient will love it.

2. Shannon says:

WOW, that is truly stunning. I love the size and the colors are phenomenal!

Thank you! πŸ˜€ I really hope she does. I've had a blast working on this with / for her. πŸ™‚

I was kind of surprised at the size too. It didn't look that big on the needles. *laugh* The customer really did an amazing job with the colors.

That is gorgeous! I love the second photo with you in mid-turn.

Thank you! πŸ˜€ It's one of my favorites too. πŸ˜€

7. Mistea says:

Seriously gorgeous – nothing not to love about this one.Lucky recipient.

Thank you! She's gotten it and sounds thrilled to have it. πŸ˜€

9. […] Chinook Shawl – Commission (Laura) Fireworks Gloves – Gift (Miss […]