A Lonely Glove

While normally a single does not make a pair this is a rare case where it does. See, Dragon lost 1 glove. I’m sure he was taking very good care of it, it simply had desires to see more of the world than his jacket pocket. But that still left his remaining glove lonely and unmatched. We can’t have that. Thus, a single glove for the Dragon.

Before I started I expressed a bit of concern because my grey was fairly lean looking after doing the previous two pairs of gloves for him. The closer I got to the end of the cuff the more nervous I got. I cut it closer than I’ve ever cut it before.

Just had enough. Meanwhile my head is killing me as I was up until 4am working on the store website. Why must html and tables be so difficult? At least the page that was giving me fits is done (Dreamcatchers) … now to figure out how to format the Knitting Gallery.

12 thoughts on “A Lonely Glove

1. Kathryn Ray says:

It's always nerve-wracking when the yarn is that close.

2. Melissa says:

Oh my, I've never come that close before. Nice looking glove…..how nice for Dragon you are willing to make another if one is lost.

Yikes! That was a close call. I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

4. AllyB says:

Nothing like a good game of yarn chicken πŸ™‚

5. Hee hee… yarn chicken. Not a fan of it myself, but have been there holding my breath on more occasions than I would like to admit. πŸ™‚

6. Shannon says:

Great job squeezing just enough out of that grey to make it work! πŸ™‚ That's a really nice style of glove!

I don't think I've ever been that close before. I generally over estimate my needs by a little.

Have to keep one of my favorite guy's hands warm. πŸ™‚ I was entertaining the idea of asking him to buy another skein though … just in case.

Now that the website is finished I think I'll do better on the sleep portion. πŸ™‚ I'm hoping to not cut it that close on the yarn again though.

Yarn chicken, *laugh* I like that idea. At least now I have more yarn that's perfect for Miss Kid to use as life lines.

This was the closest one yet. I'm still fairly impressed that I was able to eyeball the skein and decide that it was enough (and be right). Normally I ask the Husband to commit maths for me.

I really love that patter, it's perfect for pretty much anybody. πŸ˜€