Snuggly Blanket

Okay, either I’ve gotten really adept at this particular pattern … or I managed, somehow, to fall into a rift in time itself! I actually knit this adorable blanket in just 9 days. It may have been that whole giving up sleeping thing. Or perhaps I’ve memorized the pattern far more than I thought I had. Either way, I think it’s gorgeous.

I had a brief moment of pure “oh crap what is wrong with me!!!!” on Saturday thanks to the lovely Dragon, brat that he is. He said that the customer wouldn’t have asked for green and purple. I ignored him, climbed back into the middle of my knitting stuff on the bed, and began the border. Three stitches in I remind myself that I checked the order three times before placing it. At 7 stitches I tell myself that I verified the colors again when I got the yarn in. At 15 stitches I give up, shoot him a dirty look, and check my email to verify what the customer ordered. I was right, he was just bugging me … but then he started giggling. He knew what he’d done alright. Dragon is tricksy like that.

Mr. Rabbit is the only thing I have around here that’s close to baby sized. Good thing he’s not picky about modeling for me when needed. Isn’t he just adorable when he peeks out like that?

Yeah, I know, I’m in a world of my own. That’s okay, they know me there and serve me chocolate and supply me with yarn.

I was a little nervous about using cotton yarn since I the yarn I’d used before hadn’t been all that great to use. Would it be too harsh on my hands? Would it do as I needed? I should have never worried. This was some ‘really’ soft yarn. I kept getting side tracked and cuddling it. I’ll certainly have to get my hands on more of this stuff and work with it again.

Pattern: Sweet Lullaby Seamless Hooded Blanket by Elizabeth Elliot
Yarn: Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted
Ravelry Page
Mods: None that I know of.

31 thoughts on “Snuggly Blanket

1. Sarah says:

I just love love love the purple and green color combo! SO cute! Glad to know about the knitpicks cotton. It's one of those fibers that Im always to nervous to use.

2. Suzanne says:

I think you are a pretty big purple fan, aren't you? Me too! It's such a great color. A blanket in 9 days, great job!

Those colors are super lovely and really show off that pattern. Nine days? Must be the chocolate 😉

4. Pretty Mades says:

That's so cute! Love the colours too.

5. Great blanket! And omigosh, nine days !?! Yikes, that's fast! Can't see why someone wouldn't order purple with a green border – looks great to me!

6. Heather says:

Purple and green are really awesome and that purple is so saturated and gorgeous. Love the blanket! Great Job!

7. I love the stitch pattern on your blanket and WOW!! Knitting a whole blanket in 9 days is awesome!

8. MWitch3 says:

such a lovely blanket!

When it's a new yarn for myself I'm fearless … when it's for a customer I get nervous. I'm loving the color combo too, it was a bit of a surprise once they were done. 🙂

*laugh* How'd you guess? I didn't pick the colors for this one though so I'm innocent for once. It is a really great color so I'll have to get some more and come up with something awesome.

It has to be the chocolate, perhaps I need more. 😀

I'm still not sure how I managed it. Maybe I started sleep knitting. I think it's a great color combo too, I think Dragon just likes messing with my mind.

I'm really in love with the purple too. I'm glad I have a little left over to play with.

Thank you! It's a pretty basic stitch but it did remind me that when I get tired I can't count to 5.

15. Chrisknits says:

Hooray for quick projects! I think memorizing the pattern likely had a lot to do with it. And yes, the no sleep thing helped too! LOL

16. Melissa says:

This is what popped into my head I as began reading your post….Pease porridge hot, Pease porridge cold, Pease porridge in the pot, nine days old; Some like it hot, some like it cold, Some like it in the pot, nine days old. LOLLovely blanket and finished in record time.

17. Andria says:

I love the purple and green, it turned out great!

18. Naomi says:

I love the colours, such a nice blanket.

I'm pretty sure I knit it a bit in my sleep somewhere along the way. *laugh*

*laugh*! I haven't thought of that song in forever! Thank you so much. I'm pretty pleased with the final result.

Typically I'd have not thought to be a fan of the color combination but this is the second request for purple and green. I think it's growing on me. 😀

Thank you! The longer I look at the colors the more I like them. I may end up having to do something for myself in those colors.

23. Sandy says:

Love the colors together, in fact purple and green is my DD favorite color combination, and so I put it together often for her. Beautiful blanket.

24. Shannon says:

That does indeed look snuggly and I love your combination of colors!

Until lately I'd not thought of putting it together but I think the color combination is beginning to grow on me.

I'm terribly tempted to make one for me … but living in S. Texas means I don't actually need it. *laugh*

27. […] (Kelli) Drop Stitch Scarf – Commission (Kelli) Fireworks Gloves – Commission (Raevyn) Hooded Baby Blanket – Commission […]