Dropping Stitches

I’d seen it around. I’d flirted with the idea of doing the pattern. I’d even had it in my queue for a little while. It took a friend asking me to make one for her before I finally settled down to work on it.

I was interested to see how the dropped stitches would look and to see how the colors would line up in this different stitch pattern. It was really interesting to see it come into being. I think it came out exactly as hoped. I can’t wait until it arrives home and the packaging is opened by the waiting owner. I suspect I’ll be able to hear the squee of happiness from here.
Pattern: Drop Stitch Scarf by Christine Vogel
Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino in Color 123
Modifications: None
Ravelry Page

My Valentinr - shadowwolf
Get your own valentinr

19 thoughts on “Dropping Stitches

1. Nicky says:

Beautiful!!!! I started one of these a few months ago. It's in hiatus now, but seeing this makes me want to finish it.

Great job. If I have to make dropped stitches like that I end up with a mess. I just can't get my wraps off the needle properly. Your scarf is beautiful.

The pattern is so wonderfully easy! I'd love to see pictures of your finished version. πŸ˜‰

Mostly I just knocked them off the edge with my finger. LOL I'm glad it came out so pretty. I was having a few doubts before I blocked it.

5. Kathryn Ray says:

I really like the look of this pattern. I haven't tried anything with dropped stitches yet… at least on purpose. πŸ˜‰

It was odd to be dropping stitches on purpose. Normally I do all that I can to avoid that. πŸ˜€

7. Lisa says:

Beautiful. I've had this in my Queue since I've joined Ravelry for the same reason that the stitch pattern looks so interesting. I really need to make this one day.

8. storiedyarns says:

I do love that pattern, and the scarf is lovely!!!

9. This is really gorgeous. Wonder if I can swing it…

10. MWitch3 says:

So cool! The scarf looks wonderful πŸ™‚

11. This design is wonderful! Yes…you are sure to hear the 'squeals' from there when it's opened! πŸ™‚

12. AllyB says:

A great pattern, your scarf is beautiful. That's gonna be one lucky recipient.

It's surprisingly easy to do, at least in my experience. I'd say grab your favorite variegated yarn and give it a shot. πŸ™‚

It was a perfect pattern to work on while wondering around the convention on Friday and Saturday as well as sitting at home and watching tv. πŸ˜€

I bet you can. If you can do a knit stitch, yarn over, and count to 3 then you're pretty much set. πŸ˜€

Thank you! πŸ˜€

Thank you! πŸ˜€

Thank you! She's been thrilled with the pictures so far so hopefully reality will hold up to expectations. πŸ˜€

19. […] Fireworks Gloves – Commission (Kelli) Drop Stitch Scarf – Commission (Kelli) Fireworks Gloves – Commission (Raevyn) Hooded Baby Blanket – Commission […]