Fireworks

These were so much fun and so quick to knit up! I love the new stitch that they taught me, though I’m not sure of the actual name. I can certainly see using it elsewhere.

Pattern: Fireworks Fingerless Mitts by Megan Bayonet
Yarn: Ela Rae Lace Merino
Ravelry Page
Modifications: Added an extra row before turning the cuff for the picot edging, added two extra rows to correct pattern at row 41.

13 thoughts on “Fireworks

1. pinkundine says:

Oooh, they're lovely 🙂

2. Melissa says:

I've never seen this pattern style before….nice.

3. Very cute, I love your choice of yarn colorway!

4. These look GREAT! I must make a few pairs for the girls over here :o)

Love the color and the design.

Thank you! 😀

I'd love to find out what the name of the pattern is. I carried the yarn in front and slipped 3 stitches, then knit the next row, then the row after that I'd slide the needle under the slipped yarn to knit the middle stitch. I don't know how much sense that makes typed up though. *laugh* Either way though, I do like how it came out.

It's actually a commission so my friend picked out the color. I think I'm going try dying it blue and see how that works out since I get to keep the remainder when I'm done with a matching scarf. 😀

Thank you! My step daughter liked them a lot but wants a different color. I might actually whip up a pair for her since she has a birthday coming up.

Thank you so much! 😀 I had fun and learned something. A win all around. 🙂

11. AllyB says:

Cute, and I love that stitch.

Thank you! Do you happen to know the name of it?

13. […] Fireworks Gloves – Commission (Kelli) Drop Stitch Scarf – Commission (Kelli) Fireworks Gloves – Commission […]