Braided Cowl

I finally finished the cowl that I used the baby alpaca for! I really like how it came out and I’m really happy with the grafting together of the two ends. The cables were a bit hard on my hands since they were so large but I made it work. While I’m not a fan of large needles and bulky yarn it is nice to have something work up so quickly.

I love that I’ll be able to wear it in a couple different ways since it’s reversible and I made it double the length. Now if it’ll just stop being 80 in the shade here and remember that it’s January after all.

Pattern: Clara Cowl by Gretchen Ronnevik

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande in 2213
Mods: None that I know of.

13 thoughts on “Braided Cowl

1. Andria says:

Pretty colour yarn. I like chunky yarn now and then too, it is so fast!

2. pinkundine says:

It looks fabulous, so warm and squishy 🙂

3. Susan D says:

It's looks lovely and warm. Love the colour!

4. wow this is really pretty, I love the colours and the cabling looks really amazing.

oooh, I like this cowl and Alpaca next to the neck and face is always a treat.

6. Chrisknits says:

Send it to Indiana, I can use it here for sure! I love it. Have been admiring the pattern and just might have to find something to make it with.

I love that it worked up so quickly, the ribbing was very boring after a bit. LOL

Thank you! It's so soft and I kept getting distracted by squishing it when I was knitting it. *laugh* Now if it'll just cool off so I can actually wear it.

It's one of my favorite colors so should match lots in my closet. 😀

Thank you so much! I struggled a bit with the cable because it was so big, but I think it was so worth it.

Thank you! It was a wonderful treat, other than worrying it would auto felt simply because I was outside. Texas is way too hot sometimes. 🙂

LOL Nooooooo! It was gift yarn and I've been dreaming of having it done and wearing such a lovely yarn. It's a super easy pattern and such a lovely finished object. 🙂

13. […] Camera Gloves – Gift (Dragon) Fingerless Gloves – Gift (Dragon) Clara Cowl – Self Brambles Beret – Commission […]